London And Cambridge Summer School
The London and Cambridge Summer School is a four-week programme, with two weeks in London and two weeks in Cambridge. It has been designed to help you:
- strengthen your English language skills in written and conversational English
- develop the study skills you will need to succeed in university or professional programmes
- gain an awareness of the cultural dynamics of living and studying in the United Kingdom
- appreciate some of the major historical attractions of London and Cambridge
- enjoy a range of cultural, sporting and leisure activities in the company of like-minded students from all over the world
Who Is This Programme For?
- Anyone over 16 years of age
- Levels of English (level assesed at start of programme)
- Lower Intermediate
- Upper Intermediate
What Is In The Programme?
- English Language: 15 sessions per week for 4 weeks, including speaking, pronunciation, listening, grammar, vocabulary, reading and writing at your level
- Study skills: 3 sessions per week for 4 weeks, including time management, note- taking, preparing assignments, presentation skills, internet research skills, CV design and interviewing skills, examination technique
- Introduction to international business, culture and lifestyles: 2 sessions per week for 4 weeks with major speakers introducing you to key aspects of doing business, working and studying in the UK and other international settings
- UK culture and history: In the afternoons and at weekends the visits and cultural activities will include, amongst many others:
- Houses of Parliment
- London Eye
- Premier League stadium tour
- Bank of England
- St Paul's Cathedral
- A Royal Palace
- London City Bus Sightseeing Tour
- Tour of Cambridge University
- Punting on the River Cam
- Sandringham House (Queen's residence)
- Cambridge Science Park
- Ely Cathedral
- Fitzwilliam Museum
- Cambridge City Bus Sightseeing Tour
Who Is Deliverying The Programme?
You will be taught by highly experienced English teachers as well as established University Lecturers and a number of distinguished Professors with international reputations.
Here are some examples of those delivering the programme:
Professor Stuart Wall
Professor Stuart Wall is a globally recognised authority in a range of economics, business and management subjects and has been personally cited by the Independent Newspaper in its ‘A to Z of Business Schools’ as having made an outstanding contribution to UK business education. He is the author of major texts published in many languages (5 texts are in Chinese alone) and of a wide range of on-line, audio and video materials in business and management for the Financial Times, Pearson, Edexcel, Marshall Cavendish and others.
Professor Cedric Bell
Professor Cedric Bell has experience of leading in universities and educational organisations across Europe, Africa, Asia and North America, and is Pro Vice- Chancellor of a major global University. He has held Professorial rank since 1996 with a number of UK universities including at present with Northampton and Southampton Solent Universities. Previously he held Visiting Professorships at the University of Hertfordshire, Liverpool John Moores University and the University of Cumbria. His areas of expertise include international collaborative partnerships, senior management dynamics and skills for success.
Frances has extensive experience in developing and delivering English language courses and materials for students and teachers in the UK and internationally, especially in the Middle East and North Africa. She is multi-lingual and has held senior positions for Cambridge University Press and has led professional development for language teachers at the University of Manchester and for teacher trainers with the British Council.
Jane Sealy Thompson
Jane has extensive global experience in the field of English Language teaching and assessment with a proven ability in course development, teaching and examining at all levels, supported by excellent interpersonal and communication skills. She has examined at various levels for Cambridge Assessment, has assessed the university international entrance test (ELPT), has examined for TOEIC and TOEFL, as well as delivering ESOL, ESP, Business and CPD courses in the UK and Internationall
The full cost of the four-week programme for 2017 is £3,500 per student.
The fee includes the following:
- Tours and visits which form part of the course
- Industry visits which form part of the course
- Lectures/workshops and tuition
- Certification and administrative fee
- Farewell dinner and final ceremony
- Return airport transfer service
The fee does not include airfares to and from the UK, daily transport within London and Cambridge and daily subsistence (e.g. food).
For further information: